Wednesday 9 November 2011

Character walk cycle

So we have to design a character and in a 20-30s animation make them react with 3 different objects, we can choose from: a football a boulder,a heavy box, a balloon, a kite, steps, an icy surface and a puddle.

I have chosen to go for a simple male character, who is pretty plain as it is more about the animation and the movement than how extravagant the character is. The objects I have chosen are a football, a boulder and a balloon.

The story will basically be he walks along happily and finds a football, then he kicks it but a boulder comes out of no where and crushes it when its in midair, he tries to move it but its too heavy so he walks on dejected and sad, then he finds a balloon and skips to his next destination with the balloon.

I am going to do some simple stick man test walks on flash to see if I can animate a happy walk and a sad walk etc. Then I will move on to hand drawn as it has to be hand drawn.

Below are some examples of happy and sad walk cycles that I have found on youtube

Sad walk cycle
happy walk cycle
Double bounce walk cycles
Skipping walk

No comments:

Post a Comment